The wind was right
It was 2pm on Friday afternoon, and the wind was up. I happened to be doing some balance exercises in our living room and was looking out over Lake Erie from our 8th floor apartment on the west side of Cleveland. That's when I saw these parasailers.
The building below them is about 100 feet high. They must have been a good 100 feet higher.
Parasailers flew by our windows last year. Evidently the wind has to be right. This afternoon it was from the NNE at about 10mph and pretty steady, according to the National Weather Service.
They take off from a hill in Edgewater Park, about 1 mile east. This view is looking north toward the lake. I shot some video today with my iPhone Model Xr, about five years old with iOS 18.7.9. installed.
The music on the video is from "Evaluate Your Personal Thirst," composed and performed on tenor sax by our son, Patrick Breiner.
What are all those spots on the window? Our windows cannot be opened, and they get exterior cleaning only every few months.
Stockholm on Easter
When I'm not at home watching the birds, waterfowl, ships, and parasailers, Cindy and I travel a lot. At Easter, we were in Stockholm. Part of a Scandinavian trip.

No comments:
Post a Comment